Return Policy + FAQs
Return & Exchange Policy:
- We offer returns and exchanges for items within ten days of purchase. Items must be in original, unworn condition including packaging and tags. We reserve the right to refuse returns that do not meet this criteria.
- Full priced items purchased with a discount code or on promotion (for example, 20% off full price clothing) are not eligible for original payment refund but are eligible for store credit or exchange if returned within ten days of purchase.
- No price adjustments will be provided on previous purchases and discount code cannot be combined with any other offers.
- All items marked down from their original price on sale are final sale, without exception. Sale items are not eligible for return, refund or exchange.
- Apothecary (skincare), personal fragrances and intimates are final sale without exception.
- Vintage items are final sale without exception. If you have any questions regarding a vintage item please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchase as these are items are not eligible for refund or store credit. Vintage items may have minor flaws due to the nature of being pre-loved items, and any flaws will always be noted in the garment's description. Some examples of minor flaws include and are not limited to; pilling, markings, discolorations, loose threading, and other signs of wear from the previous owner and age.
- Items received as gifts (without a receipt) are available to return for store credit only.
Online Store return shipping policy: In addition to all return policy terms above, all return shipments must be postmarked within 14 days of the purchase date. A confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as your refund has been processed.
To begin a return, please contact our sales team at email@example.com with your order number and reason for return, along with with tracking/confirmation for the package. Returned merchandise must be securely packaged up with all original tags, packaging, etc and include a note with your order number and email address.
Workshop and Event return policy: Tickets are transferable but non-refundable. Customers entering Phosphene to attend a workshop should not have known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days. Customers having known exposure (or, having had a fever or similar systems) are not permitted to attend a workshop. During workshops, we observe our current store policy regarding masks: if you are fully vaccinated, wearing a mask while attending the workshop is optional. If you are not vaccinated, wearing a mask is strongly encouraged. If our store policy changes, you will be notified in advance of the workshop. Thank you for keeping our community safe.
Orders are shipped within 48 hours of being received, and tracking IDs are emailed to customers when the order has been shipped. If an order is placed on a day we are not in the shop (Sunday - Tuesday) the order will be shipped on the next in-shop business day, Wednesday. If you have a question about the status of your order, please send us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently ship to the United States and Canada. If you have a special shipping request, please email us and we will work to accommodate your request. Please note that Phosphene is not responsible for international custom fees, duties, tariffs. The customer is responsible for any additional charges for customs fees.
Once an item has been shipped, Phosphene is not responsible if the item is lost, stolen or damaged in transit. Phosphene uses USPS priority shipping for most domestic orders.
If you prefer an alternative method of shipping, please contact our team via e-mail (email@example.com).
If a package is lost, stolen or damaged in shipment a claim needs to be filed with the shipping service provider used and not with Phosphene Studio. If a package shows that it has been delivered through the tracking number and the customer is unable to locate their package, Phosphene is not responsible and will not issue a refund or store credit.
Phosphene cannot be held responsible for items lost or damaged while in transit. Once we receive your return, a member from our sales team will review your order. Upon approval, your refund will be issued in the form of the original method of payment minus shipping costs. Phosphene is not responsible for return shipping costs.
Frequently asked questions:
Where are you located?
Our shop has moved! We are now located at 907 Charles Street, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401 (three blocks from our first location on Caroline Street).
What are your business hours?
Our brick and mortar is open Thursday - Saturday from 10AM - 5PM. Private shopping appointments are available outside of business hours by request, please email us to coordinate a time. Our online shop is open 24/7.
How do we contact you?
During business hours you can reach us by calling the shop at (540) 693-0561. If we miss your call, please leave us a voicemail so we can get back in touch, or alternatively you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you hiring?
Although we are not always hiring in the moment, we're always on the lookout for creative, hardworking talent! Send us an email and say hi - email@example.com
I received a paper gift certificate. How do I use it online?
We've recently transitioned to digital gift cards. Don't worry, your paper gift card is still good! You can come by our brick and mortar to use the gift card or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a photo of the gift card (the side featuring the 'to' and 'from' details, and a little number written in the bottom corner). We'll issue you a new digital gift card within 24 hours of your request so you can get to shopping online :)
Do you accept Fredericksburg Downtown giftcards?
Yes, we do! Currently accepted in-store only. Cannot be used online.
Can I host a special event in the studio?
At this time due to COVID our studio is closed for private events. If you are interested in hosting a pop up event with us during business hours, please email us at email@example.com
How do I care for gold-plated and gold filled brass jewelry?
Gold plated jewelry is 100% brass with sterling silver ear posts beneath the gold plate. The jewelry lines we carry at Phosphene use a much thicker gold plate than the industry standard, and once the pieces are plated, a protective finish is added to prolong the life of the gold plate. There is no nickel in any of the materials. This gold plated jewelry should hold it’s plating for years if the wearer takes proper care of the piece (see below).
To prolong the life of your gold plated and gold filled pieces, we recommend removing your jewelry when doing the following:
- swimming (chlorine and salt can affect plating over time), showering, or washing your hands.
- applying lotions, oils, perfumes, etc.
- cleaning, especially with harsh chemicals!
- rings when getting a manicure and necklaces/earrings when having hair treated