work with us
we're hiring for a part time shop associate
Hours and Days: a minimum of one weekend day a week and one or two days a week (8-12 hours per week). Ideal candidates have retail experience (or relevant customer service experience) and are interested in growing with our business.
As a sales associate at Phosphene you will be responsible for providing exceptional service in all aspects of the sales floor - greeting customers and sharing our story, selling, product knowledge, styling, cash wrap, restock and overall shop-keeping.
In addition to the day-to-day operations of the shop, you will be empowered to support our merchandising strategies, create relationships with our customers and community and brainstorm and help execute both in-store and external events. We want our shop associates and team members to grow with us, and take on projects that interest them once shop responsibilities are established and in good practice.
J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
- Introduce customers to the Phosphene brand and our retail space, giving shoppers the “lay of the land” and providing relevant information about brand story, sizing run-down, current promos or initiatives, upcoming events, etc.
- Create a warm and welcoming shop experience for customers by seeking out interactions, actively assisting customers to provide memorable and exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a vast knowledge of the products we carry and articulate conversations around ethical fashion, conscious consumerism and sustainability. Make an effort to share product stories with customers as a tool to encourage sales.
- Oversee shop task procedures and operations- maintain the visual standard of the store (ie. restocking, organizing and cleaning), process transactions with deep understanding of Shopify Point of Sale system (sales, returns, gift cards, etc) with rare error.
- Support Phosphene Studio creative content development - taking initiative while in shopto photograph inventory, creative potential social media content, et.
- Help to plan and facilitate special happenings in the space, community or elsewhere. Assist with brainstorming initiatives, planning, and execution of events.
Please send an email with your résumé, and include a note on why you think you’d be perfect for our team to email@example.com.